Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I can do it...

Man I just drained these days! Exciting times. 9 days into school and I am lovin it! I wish I could make it my full time thing but have to pay the bills....:(

Have a Q&A at 8 my time 7 pacific. Stephens runnin a lil behind so I figured I would post the first part of my assignment. The sketch in public thing then pick one and pose stu. I really dont get out much and was a weird feeling sketchin people in public. Wouldnt be so bad in my mind if I were in a group of people doin the same thing... Any ways I wanted to go to the park by my house and sketch there but alas it rained. My friend/co-worker let me tag along with him at lunch to Arbys. ( I bring my lunch so it was nice of him to eat there while I sketched.) Needless to say heres the page:





Wasnt the greatest place for poses. One day I will make it out to the park.
Thanks for lookin!

EDIT-- Added first Stu at Arbys pose:



NUTHER EDIT---
was bugged out by that back foot :





EDIT--- lil more character :


1 comment:

Sean MacNeil said...

Hey Mel,

I know how wierd you feel staring and sketching people! I could tell some people were like...what the??? Nice sketches man. I also found the poses quite boring where I went, I mean it isn't normal for people to express great amounts of emotion just walking through the mall, and when they do have an interesting pose, they don't hold it for more than a few seconds. I am going to pop a dvd in and try to do some sketching from that in about ten minutes. This way I can hit pause when I come across a pose I like, plus the range of emotion shown by actors will be more interesting. Oh, congrats on the baby!

Later Mel,
Sean.