Friday, October 28, 2005

Another year...sigh

Quote of the day:

Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address.
- Lane Olinghouse


Word of the day:

malediction \mal-uh-DIK-shun\, noun:
A curse or execration.



Welp another year down the drain.. ( Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday btw.) I didnt start thinkin about what this birthday meant to me til the other day.

The day after my 30 birthday I decided that I was goin to be an artist. I didnt know how I was gonna accomplish it, but I was sure as hell gonna try. I always felt like "what if ?". What if I wouldve have tried to be an artist and stuck with it earlier ? How far would I be now? Kills me some times...

Most days I still feel that noob feelin, like Im not movin forward. I want to be so much more. Lookin back at that day 5 years ago, Ive accomplished more than I wouldve ever dreamed. 2 and a half years ago I got my foot in the door of a game company, married my beautiful wife, and now soon to be a dad. That coupled with the fact that I got gutsy enough to take on learning something that as a child I wanted to know the magic behind...animation. I truly have been blessed. So this week has given me one of the greatest life lessons to date..its not arriving at your destination, its the journey and the things that happen on the way that make life that much sweeter.

I hope that the next 5 years are just as amazing..


Heres some sketches. Woot! Been a while. First one is a halloween pic ( Gotta get into the season ). Second a creepy head ( additional halloween stuff ), and lastly some pose practice.
Plus for your viewing pleasure as well ( drum roll ) some more of my skool stuff. Its pretty hurtin but Im learnin loads from this assignment. Sorry for the delay. I keep sayin Im gonna keep up with this shiz...









and the assignments:









See ya when I look atcha!

1 comment:

Cedricstudio said...

Great sketches! Keep 'em coming!