Monday, November 07, 2005

I notice I sigh too much..*sigh

Quote of the day:
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
- Steven Wright

Word of the day:
propitious \pruh-PISH-uhs\, adjective:
1. Presenting favorable circumstances or conditions.
2. Favorably inclined; gracious; benevolent.


I put two sighs in my title cause its monday...

I figured why Ive been depressed about where I am job wise. Not a hard one. Took me a sec to notice. The closer it gets to my son gettin here, the more I want to be successful. Before I met my wife I was content to just get by. When I started dating my wife I really wanted to make her proud and decided to follow my dream of being an artist. She was kind enough to be patient while I fumbled around tryinto figure out how I was gonna get my foot in the door. Now with my first child on the way I feel like " man I shouldve done more early on.." Ahhh... love that 20/20 hindsight.

I shouldnt feel this way, but its easy to get caught up in it when its not just you anymore. I guess its good cause Ive never had so much drive. Hopefully one day it will all pay off.... (cross fingers)


Welp, onto week 8.

Crazy. Week 8. Todays post is some more fan art / practice, planning for this weeks assignment ( the four emotion thing ...come on keep up..), and the clean up final. ( will tweak it some more if i can find the time.) Let me know which idea you think is better for my assignment this week or if you have any tips let me know.

With that said, " seeyawhenilookatcha"










and assignment:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Richard! Thanks for the comment! That made my day! Hows Internin at DNA? That would be kik ace! Thanks a bunch for comin to my blog!

Richard Oud said...

Interning at DNA is awesome, there are so many tallented people walking around here.. and everybody is really nice to help you out and learn you stuff.. a nice place to start my career as an animator (and ant bully is going to kick ass, i see some awesome stuff in the dailys).

I was looking at you're animation again and i really like how it is turning out, especially the use of the stretch in the legs is working really well..

My only comment on it is the first two poses (looking from one side to the other)
it seems like it is hitting from pose to pose to hard (i hope you get what i mean, bit hard to explain) instead of flowing from one into the other.
If you have some time you might want to look at it.. it's just a suggestion, but it works out good the way it is right now.

Hope to see more of you're awesome stuff man, keep up the good work.

Greetz

Unknown said...

thanks richard! I know exactly what your talkin about. You are completely correct. Thanks for the tip! I hope to get some time this week to get some more tweakin and get at that.

Awesome start to your career. Would love to get to that point!
Good luck to you and thanks for checkin my stuff again!

peece