Monday, March 06, 2006

Our Son Mekhi

No drawings tonite. Firstly , I put some pics up on Mekhi's blog. Please have a look. I hope to have more of the story and more pics tomorrow...

Secondly, I dont think I can thank everyone enough for their generosity with me and my wife. The hurt keeps on coming and its comforting that we've had the support that we have had from family and friends as well as from people who dont even know us.

Most people can't comprehend what we are goin through. Its like the movie "Ground Hog's Day." We keep praying that its all just one bad dream, but every morning we wake up and our son is not here. People think "Time heals" and "It will get better with time." "Better" would be our son being alive, and time isnt what it used to be.

We will however push forward with the help of Heavenly Father, and honor our son by being the best people we can be.

Thank you God and Jesus, for such a beautiful and loving boy. Please bless the child who recieved his heart. Thank you Englis and Milton Family for being the people we needed most when the time came, and for being the people we will always cherish and love. Thank you friends and co-workers who have cried the tears and shared our pain. We truly appreciate the love and kindness eternally.

I personally would like to extend the warmest regards to those who take the time to remember our son Mekhi and help us to move forward. Thank you Animation Mentor, ( both students and mentors ), for reminding me what I set out to do, and the promise I made to my wife, my son and to myself. Thank you Keith Lango, for the email and the wonderful gift that you and the people of AM gave me. I dont think I can say thanks enough. Thank you art community for listening to me and being so kind. In a time where everything seems so bleek, the people who have come to our aid have given us the light to see our way.

And lastly Id like to thank the woman who is my everything. My wife Anne. Without her my world doesnt turn....I love you hun.

4 comments:

Darryl Young said...

Mel, I'm so very sorry for you and your wife. My prayers go out to you and your family, God Bless.

Martin Wittig said...

Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.I wanted to extend our deepest condolences to you and your loved ones, our prayers are with you also.
martin

milo said...

I admire your strength and this is why I look up to you. I posted on Mekhi's blog. I love you bro and I hope you know that I'll always be here for you and Ann if you guys need anything.

Miras said...

Mel, Anne... I can't find words good enough to tell you how sorry I am to hear about this loss.
I am with you in prayers.