Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day....

Its been pretty rough the last week. Prepping for mothers day. This first one is a doozy. I nominated my wife for a sweetest mom contest. I know Mekhi thinks the world of her. Because I do. She is the best thing to ever happen to a bum like me.

Edit: Some Zbrush practice. Just started learnin it. ( Using it at work ) Need to get to skool stuff. Will practice texturing in Zbrush next and post some skool stuff soon. Used my old joker model:

Edit 2 Sketching:










Heres some quick self sketches:







I love you hun. You will always be what makes my world turn...

12 comments:

milo said...

Awesome.....man your damn good!!:O) I'll catch you!! Keep up the great work!

Ken said...

wow man, your drawings are awsome! love those dinos! and the big beast below is class

:D

Ken

Chrissie A said...

Great sketches, Mel! (and a lovely tribute to your wife, too!)

Hans said...

Awesome sketches Mel! Really great expressions. lol I can imagine how you must've looked, sittin' in front of the mirror coming up with these.
Congrats with the winning of the "Sweetest Mom" contest, I'm sure she deserves it. You seem like a very happy and strong couple and I wish you the best in the future. I know she's lucky to have a man like you and there's not a doubt in my mind that Mekhi is proud of you both.

Take care,

Hans

Hans said...

P.S. Thought you were already in my links, but I'll add you right away:)

Antonio Santamaria said...

Mel... Are you?! They are great sketches, very funny!!! Do you use a mirror for it? Photos? Memory? It's cool!
Felicidades from Spain!

Martin Wittig said...

Great,...Great work man!!!

milo said...

awesome joker!!! Glad to see you still post every now and then:O) Keep em comin when you got a chance. Love seein your work!

Ken Chandler said...

You've got some really incredible character and creature design going on Mel. Amazing stuff! Post more. I need inspiration! Sorry about your son, and thanks for including those beautiful pictures. It's a nice tribute to his memory.

milo said...

awesome work as usual!:O)

Lee-Roy said...

Awesome and kudos! Congrats to your wifey for the nomination. That's a lot a donuts. Whew! Great self portraits, man.

Unknown said...

VEry coool collection of different type of cooool ARTS!!