Wednesday, April 18, 2007

So yeah I got this new blog..

So on my vacation I got this idea to blog meetings with artist and give them a chance to tell a bit about themselves. Armed with my camera I will set out to meet and put a face to the name and expand a personal handshake to this industry who has embraced me so kindly. Im doin this on an email basis too but the catch is you have to give me a blurb about how you got into this industry and link/pic and what not. Hope it all makes sense. And be patient with me cause Ive got a few that I have to post. Make sure you tell these guys hi and get to know em cause its a blast to get to know everyone on a lil more personal level. Ive got a couple up so check it out. Loads more comin.

melmeets.blogspot.com

The blog is dedicated to my wife and our son as my thanks for giving me the love and support to be apart of something so amazing! Love you hun...thanks for puttin up with my nerdy ways.

19 comments:

Bobby Pontillas said...

Haaha! What an awesome, original idea Mel! Lookin forward to more updates.

Unknown said...

cool ideas as always. im stoked to hear how people broke in to the industy!

Jörn said...

Good idea Mel. I'm curious about it...

Joe said...

Genius!

Anonymous said...

it's a wonderful idea
and a very interesting read.

It is kind of funny,
but they all started to turn into
cartoon characters as I continued reading- each with their own personal quirks:)

1 said...

Hey Mel,
Glad to see you kept your mind thinking while on vacation. I'm really going to enjoy reading your post on this new blog ;)

Lots of Love,
Heather

Ps your wife must have a rare kind of patience, gotta love that. Your a lucky guy mel ;)

Richard Oud said...

Damnn.. that's awesome Mel! Great idea and some very cool pictures in there!

I'll keep an eye out for that one.. hope to see a lot of nice personal story's on it!

Thanks!

Dustin Foust said...

Very cool idea Mel!

Shawn Escott said...

Great idea! Can't wait to see more!

Richard Gaines said...

Hey, that photo looks nothing like your blog ID!

Laura Braga said...

hi Mel!!:)
wonderful idea!!!!!
i read your other blog and you did a wonderful work!!!
it's a pity i'm in Italy and we can't meet!:(

Laura:)

Marco Bucci said...

Hahahah man, you have quite the energy. I love how each of those pictures with you, you've got some sort of different pose going on.
And those drawings below are great. That elephant just KICKS.

RoB said...

Awesome idea dude! I love it!
~!WoOtWoOt!~

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Man your to hard to keep up with like grease lighting hope to see more of the lilla work stay fresh as ever thanks for the stop in and support hope the weekend is good to yah Blessing!!!

Linton

Dillon Thompson said...

You are the Walter Conkrite of the Biz. You know you made it if you are on that blog.

Jason said...

Hard hitting interviews, asking the questions that others are too timid to approach!!! Well done Mel. I'm halfway through 'em, and am can't wait to read the others! Can't tell you how cool this is!

Jarrett said...

So that's the face of a very talented man!

Tom Kidd said...

I look forward to meeting all these nice artists with you. This will be a nice extension to your blog. Already I've seen you go through art school, the ultrasound of your baby and flowering of your career. If only I could go back through time to show you how I became a misanthrope artist barricaded in his studio. I kidd.

Unknown said...

Hey, Mel I'm curious are you employed at an animation studio? If not you should go for a job cuz your design skills are friggen awesome :P