Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thanks everyone..

I was really surprised at the response of me doin a sketchbook and I thank everyone for their interest . Im initially trading it with some of my fellow workers (namely Thomas Scholes, Jason Kim and Jon Diesta, where the idea came from ) for a copy their sketchbooks. Which I will sell on ebay and make a killin! ;) I didnt plan on selling mine cause I feel that is left for the pros to do and its more of a hobby for me. After I get the first copy and see if it turns out alright ( worthy of sellin....) I will post up a link to where you can get it. Im hopin to get it done before I go on vacation next month.

Look I didnt take a month to post either so not too shabby I might say...although I wanted to post some animation *SIGH* but I did do some colorin so hey..Again thanks for the wonderful responses and I'll try and not slack..


23 comments:

Pointpusher said...

love Bats.

Jörn said...

Love the texture of the womans robe. Great, Mel.

Unknown said...

nice. awesome batman.

RAWLS said...

haha... did I know you worked with Jay?!? Say hi to that little guy for me! He's my brother from another mother. Also tell him to stop slackin and post more on his blog!
Great work my friend!!!

Tooninator said...

love that batman

Alex Deligiannis said...

I'll echo everyone and say I love the bats. The design on his upper torso is dope (love his shoulders)!

Tom Scholes said...

Awwwwwwwwshucks Mel, you flatterereeeeererereeeeeee. *high five* Can't wait for my melbook!

Be Creative Books said...

nice post Mel, i love the smiling girl! really great job in the dress texture..thank you also for the artists links!

Ken Chandler said...

Marvelous stuff Mel! I'm also excited about your Sketchbook, I hope I can scrape some pennies together so as to acquire a much coveted copy. Let us know when they'll be available.

Ken Chandler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Mel, you are a pro.

tinylittlesandra said...

Love the Batman - very slick... looking forward to that link dude... would be awesome! Alls good over my patch o' the land.. Comic Con this weekend and headin home for a holiday soon too - so its all good!

Catch ya soon - stay well ;P

Vanhoozerbot said...

INSPIRATION!
Keep it up man.
Your work is totally rockin.

JV

Barry Zundel said...

Mel,

I haven't been here in a while...my mistake. This stuff ROCKS. Keep it up!

Nathan Lindsay said...

hey, you're a good artist and a pleasant person to sit next to during a meeting.

chia said...

yes, please sell a sketchbook! Also, I really find your drawing tutorials you've posted very helpful, I hope one of these days you put a how-to book together as well!

YesLand said...

wow that Batman is supreme! I enjoy his body thape very much.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

All cool stuff, great updates since I visited here last !!!

EDGAR ERNEST said...

really awesome drawings,hey I've updated my blog,check out my blog and see what you think

Adrian Lubbers said...

Mel book? Mel book? When do I get my Mel book?!
Beautiful as usual sir.

Dave Dick said...

Nice, Dude!!! That Batman is crazy sweet!

DINTOONS said...

amazing work, and a fresh blast of inspiration! thanks mel, you're simply awesome! :)

Unknown said...

I am fan of your work, very very good!