Friday, August 21, 2009

DailySketch -- Day 21 "Happy Anniversary Babe"


So today is my 6 year marriage anniversary / 9 years together. Seems like a blink of an eye. I have guilt...

Why you may ask?

Our first date I asked her if she wanted to go to dinner OR a movie..
My wonderful wife waited 3 years for me to get my foot in the door in the game industry. ( And that wasnt even as an artist. I was interface guy.) But a little after I got that first job ( at 5 bucks an hour to start ) I finally decided to tie the knot with my better half. It was during alpha of the Van Helsing game. We were married at the Provo court house and our honey moon was pretty much dinner at Joes Crab Shack followed by a "cruise" to our home a few blocks away as I had to go to work the next day. Our wedding rings totalled 50 bucks together purchased from the ultra elite QVC. Thats what my wife waited 3 years for....

6 years later she has spent alot of time makin me feel special and I owe her more than the world. She has been the fire that lights my inspiration. Ive shared my happiest and saddest days with her , and she is my bestest friend. She makes my life story interesting and I cant wait to see the other chapters unfold.

Love ya babe! Thanks for takin I O U's


"A thing that has not been begun cannot be finished." - Robert Henri

Thanks Shawn for the Quote!

11 comments:

Darnell said...

Congrats on your Anniversary!

Darnell Johnson

Aaron Ludwig said...

Congratulations!

Lael Henderson said...

you got a good one, that's for sure...not too many girls would have been excited for you to get a five buck an hour "foot in the door" job!! Look at you two now!

Ken Chandler said...

Congrats Mel! Sounds like you did as well as I did. Ain't womens grand? 'Need to keep 'em around.

A nice tribute Mel.

AMBUJ JOSHI said...

Aww now that is so sweet :) congratulations!

JOE said...

Mel, Congrats!!! Just had my 13th anniversary on the 20th. DUDE!!! you are over the hump and headed to the finish line. Stay strong!!!

Andy Latham said...

Awww, great story Mel, happy Anniversary! You're a shining example of how you don't need money to be happy. I wish more people realised that - the world would be a happier place.

I hope your future years are as good as your past ones mate :)

Chrissie A said...

Mel, congratulations on all the great years together you and your wife have shared! I wish you many, many more!

Shawn Escott said...

She really loves you and has a lot of faith in what you can do. What is that saying - Behind every good man is a good woman? I remember my first job out of school, animating on these terrible little vhs videos. I didn't even know what I was doing :P Anyway, you're hard work is paying off and it is showing. Congrats on your anniversary and I hope you and your wife have a wonderful celebration!

Alex Deligiannis said...

Congrats, man - that is a beautiful story, and here's wishing you guys nothing but a lifetime of happiness together, QVC and beyond!

James Brouwer said...

Fantastic story! Congratulations to the both of you.