Wednesday, November 11, 2009

32


My friend "red belly" ( he has to be my friend now ) gave me a very cool brush pen that I felt would imbue me with magical powers of drawing like him . ( yes I used the word imbue in a sentence..you can make fun of me) Tyson is quite the pro with thos things...

Me on the other hand ...Ive used a cintiq for inkin for so long that I wish they would put a control z on this thing.. Here some playin the brush pen and ball point. ONWARD!!
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.- Epictetus

10 comments:

Pablo said...

Very cool brush pen drawing Mel. I love using the brush pen on my drawings/sketches. It takes a while to get used to it. I'm still learning but loving it.

drono said...

Good job!
I keep trying a variety of different brush pens and have reached the conclusion that I'm just not very good with them.
Which pen did you use?

Unknown said...

First-- Thanks a bunch for lookin guys.
Pablo -- I hear ya. I loev using my brush pen in sketch book. Nerve rackin using one on paper. Would like to get used to it

drono-- I used a pentel pocket brush pen( link below ). Any you prefer to use?

http://www.jetpens.com/product_info.php/products_id/1793

Tyson Murphy said...

ah dang, i didn't know we had to be friends now.....

looking sweeeeet though. my next step is to copy your drawing shamelessly.

Ken said...

dude I feel your pain!!! However, you seem you like got things under control, unlike me. Haha and I know what you mean about ctrl z!

tinylittlesandra said...

We need control z in life! This looks awesome... and for your fist time - you da man!

ian said...

looking great! no control Z necessary.

wako said...

great blog!
Love your style!
Cheers

Anonymous said...

wonderful imagination
and drawing technique

the quotes are fun too

drono said...

I picked up the pocket brush pen a couple of months back & I really like it. Before that I was using the copic brush pen which I also like. It has a firmer brush.
I get intimidated by the ink. Typically I start with light pencil & don't go much darker so to dig into the bolder strokes kind of terrifies me. I think I just have to keep trying. Thanks for the inspiration!!