Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Where are you spring!?

The cold has been doin a number on my joints. Things have been hectic for a while now and I think its taken its toll on my creativity. Im ready to bump this slump... ( Im ready for you too spring, dont feel left out )

So couple o things.

A great gesture creator by Pixelovely
Helped me get warmed up with the drawin again. Awesome that you can set it up with timing as well as choose people or animals.

Im a big fan of cartoons and have always dreamed of workin on one one day. And this something else that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside is : http://storyboardsecrets.com/blog/

Ive always wanted to be a better story teller, not only with my drawings but as an animator and seeing this great collection that Sherm Cohen has put out on dvd has me chompin at the bit to get them. He does a wonderful job with demonstrating on his free tutorials (I actually used his art rage tut for the last painting I did and love the storyboard tips hes given away on his site ). He delivers a clarity in those that leads me to believe the set will be a welcome addition to my library. Will let you know when I get them!

And finally drawings. Theyre gettin sparce...yikes

13 comments:

Jason Newkirk said...

who's awesome? YOU's awesome!

Andy Latham said...

That storyboarding stuff looks great Mel. If you get them, I'd be interested to hear a review from you as it's a subject I'd like to work on too.

Great drawings again. Love the shapes on the last page :D

Justin Rodrigues said...

Fantastic stuff man as always!!!

Sherm said...

Hi Mel -- thanks for the nice mention on your blog...and I really like that Gesture Drawing generator link, too! Your figure doodles (Spidey, etc) are so full of life. Nice stuff.

Cons Oroza said...

Awesome.

And thanks a million for that link. It's fantastic! I'M ALREADY USING IT.

Nathan Lindsay said...

That bottom one looks like a piece of art I just "acquired" from an artist named Mel Milton. Have you heard of him? He's pretty good.

caela said...

I found the pixellovely link the other day it's so good .... :) i love your sketches aswelll so awesome... the storyboarding stuff looks wicked cool :)

Anonymous said...

that last page
is excellent- I love the shapes

bíu said...

muito bom seus trabalhos, esse personagem ficou radical

Dag said...

Outstanding as always Mel! Hang in there man...kids are the most amazing/tiring adventure ever.

FunkFan said...

Hello there Mel,

Great work as always. I guess you're pretty busy with work and kids and all. But post more regularly on your blog lest you want angry fans mobbing your house and stacking up "cheese-less" pizza slices on your doorstep......
Phew....[breathing heavily].
Cheers Mel.

David Reyes said...

another dose of inspiration. Keep it going man!

Adrian Lubbers said...

Where is Spring? TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! You should try living in CANADA MEL. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!

Keep on pumping out the sketches though man. It gets me through my winters!!