Thursday, September 22, 2011

Figured Id post these here...

My very talented friend Nick Beckstead ( whom recently got engaged ) has always asked me for tips on drawings and would draw a boatload for me to look at and crit. So figured I would share them here as its kinda things I try to keep in mind when Im drawing. The stuff Im giving him is what I think would add appeal . ( So if you disagree with me I dont blame you. ) If you find it helpful whoo hooo Im helping!!! Enjoy!

( If your interested in me doin this for you and I have the time, it actually helps me as well, So feel free to hit me up. Til then Keep on keepin on! )




11 comments:

Kirun said...

Awesome! thanks for sharing!

Nate Villanueva said...

wow you give excellent notes! i may hit you up someday.

Ewgene said...

Wonderful tips and advices! Nick Beckstead is lucky to have such teacher!

Tyler Stott said...

thanks for sharing mr. Mel

Aaron Ludwig said...

Good stuff.

Mathias Zamęcki said...

Great post. How to improve my more realistic drawings?

cheers and thanks for sharing your experience with community :)

vonholdt said...

thanks for the advice mel! i always appreciate when truly gifted people reach out to teach others. i would be honored if you'd critique a doodle from my blog someday!

doodleaday.wordpress.com

nickbeckstead said...

HAHA I was shocked when Mel put these up! But awesome stuff Mel! Thanks a bunch, I hope everyone was able to learn at my expense!

Darnell said...

Thanks For Sharing Mel! Great stuff!

matthewART said...

these tutorials are fantastic. ur a born teacher! OB1 Meloby!!! I'm all inspired now.

Dag said...

Nice Mel...I might have to come atcha some time wanting to learn. When I was 14, my neighbor who was a cartooning mentor to me (when I live in Colo.), took "lessons" from a classic cartoonist back east named Leo Stoutsenburger. Reminds me of the same thing...kind of a correspondance school. Now that we gots the interwebs...you could be makin some $...I'm just sayin'. Because you have the skills for sure.