Wednesday, January 04, 2012

too lazy to hook my scanner up..

Some drawings from work. Photographed yet again with my Ipad.( This will hopefully be the year I set up my office...)........ riiiiiight...

Speaking of Ipad : I was parusing blogs ( since becoming a dad I noticed I dont get to make as many rounds as I used to ) and saw on very talented Gillian Reids blog a post about Stephen Silvers Posebook app. (sorry for the very long winded explanation ) I promptly picked it up as I love his work and it looked like an awesome library of great poses. Not only a great resource but a bundle of inspiration for me on the go. So nice to be able to pack a round a nice size reference.

I spent alot of time not wanting to buy apple but the year that Ive had my ipad I will have to say I used it more than my desktop or laptop. So many fun apps. May start reviewing ones that I think have been fun.

So to keep the ball rolling with my new year, here are some doodles from this morning after lookin over his app. Go Check it out. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Sorry bout the quality of the pics. Keep on keepin on!

13 comments:

Jason Newkirk said...

Silver's pose library is pretty good then huh? Great drawins as usual!

Katy Hargrove said...

Great sketches and... Oh man thanks for the pro tip about the pose app! :)

Denny said...

Awesome!!!

Jesse said...

woo great work here dude.

Adam Temple said...

All from the morning? You beast! Pretty wicked stuff...I've resisted the I-pad thing as the pen didn't seem to work too well.. I'm eagerly waiting a more artist friendly version.

Unknown said...

Thanks all!

Yeah Adam was totally thinkin along those same lines and held off. Was initially wanting to get the ASUs 12 inch running windows 7 seeing as it was more computer.

Bought this with the intention that it would be " nice enough" while I waited for another alternative then pass this to my wife. Have been pleasantly surprised with the many creative apps that we're fairly cheap. I wanted more of a Wacom type solution. But this has been nice to get ideas out fast . There's a fun lil animation program called animation creator that is pretty neat ( a buck 99 makes it an easy investment)
Or 123 sculpt that's free that is fun to doodle around with sculpting.

I still will be on the look out for something other than this and hand this off to the wife when something more pressure sensitive comes out, but for now I'm pretty happy toting this thing around

Gillibean said...

Brilliant brilliant! I love the yeti/bigfoot creature. Great weight and volume.

Yendorb said...

Get back to work!

Ezra Lau said...

wow the epic kratos is so cool!

Marcelo Vignali said...

I hadn't visited your blog in a while, sorry for the delay. You're work looks terrific! Wow, you keep getting better and better.

Good luck on the daughter/office + Cintiq trade! Heh...

Avner Geller said...

Mad drawing skills!! Amazing work, Mel!

Tyson Murphy said...

awesome shtuffs, sir! miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return the favor”.I'm attempting to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
South Shore Furniture, Sand Castle Collection, Twin Mates Bed, Pure White