Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Cockadoodledookies!

So today is the last day of summer type weather here in Utah. Fantastic. Threw my back out over the weekend. This year has been really out to show me ( as my wife would say ..) Im no spring chicken. Sigh....
My wife was nice enough to give me my bday present early. Unfortunately it doesnt come with time. So thats about as far as Ive gotten with it. Setting it up on my desk. If my back didnt hurt so much it be great but cant sit too long as work handles that part of killing me. My daughter wanting me to be a horsey is the nail in the coffin though. Who knows when the next time I'll get to post so heres a batch. 
 
 
Keep on keepin on!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

holy smokes that's a great bday present! Happy early birthday. Thanks for posting! Always inspiring. Make sure to make time for YOU! It'll keep you in the best shape for everyone else. Trust me on that one. 3 kids (almost three teenagers. 1 year until they're all teens!! EEK!!!) The best thing I ever did for all of us was to finally start making time to just enjoy myself. It's hard to make it happen but it'll open your world up to incredible possibilities. Like you always sum up with: Keep on Keepin' On!

Ben Whitehouse said...

Stunning work as usual dude!! I hope you get to have a good play with that Cintiq soon!

Darnell said...

Really nice gift from wife! We have been have some gloomy days over here in GA. Winter is coming.

Andy Latham said...

Happy Birthday Mel! And I'm extremely jealous of your present!

Mike Nassar said...

great sketches, man. and happy belated and congrats on the new Cintiq.

David Bernal said...

Awesome work as always! Mel, I am curious, how does the touch work? Is it useful/intuitive? I am deciding on 24 vs 24 touch...really curious if the extra cash is worth the touch.

Unknown said...

Thanks all!

@david I went by way of plain cintiq. Was wondering about the touch myself and hadn't seen any one saying it made enough of a difference. I was hesitant about th 24 hd too cause I love my 21ux's ability to rotate. ( the positioning with the 24 hd though makes it much more comfortable. )

Figured the touch might be nice with windows 8, but I figured I'd use the extra 1100 on other office stuffs

Aaron Ludwig said...

Beauty-ful. All of it. I swear.

Nice blog header, by the way. :)

David Bernal said...

Thanks Mel, really appreciate the advice ;) & love the Bitches sketches!

Terrie Spencer said...

*drool* might as well I just give you my address now so you can get started packing it back up and ship it to me. Obviously you won't really use it. Right? *hopeful*

rossie said...

WOW!!!!!! Jealous of your Cintiq, but it's in the right hands :)