Thursday, October 29, 2009

Slippin in one more Oct Post


Man it depresses me that I didnt do more drawing this month...So had to try and do one more before it passes me by. Man time is flyin by.

So a tiny bit of animation. Wanted to test myself with something more subtle in movement. So decided on a small take. ( Figure I will start off with smaller test and work my way up to the fancier ones. Try and do it by the numbers) This was tougher for me than I thought it would be. Of course it was a straight ahead with no planning which was prolly why Iwas havin a rough go.

And next some colorin type stuff. ( Yes another holloween pic! ) Check your candy good this year cause you could get some belly button lint!

Thanks for lookin and happy holloween!

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.
--Vince Lombardi

16 comments:

Jason Newkirk said...

good stuff Mel!

Jason Crawford said...

Love the pic.
Also, the animation is cool, especially like the little head move at the end as he looks back out at the viewer.

michael robertson said...

fantastic characters, man- and I love your frankenstien below... excellent work, as always.

Luckmaster said...

Cara, muito legais as tuas animações estou acompanhando o teu blog a alguns meses e acho o teu trabalho bem legal
Bastante coisa pra inspirar iniciantes como eu

Justin Rodrigues said...

Awesome stuff man. The animation is wayyyy cool keep em coming!

Andy Latham said...

Yep, it's all in the planning (which is something I'm guilty of not doing enough of), but it looks good even if you haven't planned it!

vonholdt said...

yuck, hopefully he'll wipe all the red paint off the belly button lint first. awesome animation and illustration!

Josh Taback said...

Love it!

Simon Scales said...

Hey Mel...awesome :)

Be Creative Books said...

Haha, really cool halloween pic! and very nice animation, in the end it seems that he gets an idea that animates!

Happy halloween for you and yours Mel!

Pablo said...

Always great to see some Mel art. Very fun work as always. Look forward to you posting more.

Jörn said...

Really nice ani, Mel. It's you while getting the idea for the picture? ;)

tinylittlesandra said...

Eewww! Belly button lint...Yuk! thats rotten. Love it all the same though... er, the pic, not the lint ;)

Thanks for the advise, I did think about that, but like you on this one I got pretty burnt out. I've had a break now, so I just might go back and give it another bash. Subtlety is hard ant it... theres no where to hind in there, I think you did a great job. There is one thing with his screen right eye, that it gets really tiny, thats a nice touch, though I think it would be funnier if it happens after the blink he reacts on. But yeh, altogether sweet.

Ken said...

hehe nice animation! And cool image. Whats the belly button lint thing all about tho?! And it depresses me too man that you didn't draw more last month... haha but your sketch challenge inspired me. I've decided to do the same for November. So cheers for the inspiration! Which your blog is full of

Ken :D

Shane said...

Dude I need to stop by way more often I miss your stuff.. soo much awesome!

justdoodleit said...

Gorgeous blog and man, your daily posts are all so consistently cool!