Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Gonna try and be better...

Last month was pretty weak sauce..although i did do some animations... Huzzah

Theres so many things I want to learn and so little time to really get my mind clear. Im runnin around like a chicken with my head cutoff. ( Im havin fun though and thats what counts. )

So todays post mainly consist of some ball point pen drawing. ( The gestures were me tryin to be a bit more conservative and mindful of my lines. ) The ships were, well basically not my cup o tea , so i figured needed to stretch some outside my comfort zone. Also with pen touched up in photoshop so I could hide how lame they were. And of couse a cartoony lady with a lil bit of color. One day I will learn to properly color something. For now I will continue to fake it til I make it. Hope to have some anims for you soon. Thanks for lookin and keep on keepin on!
It is better to fall short of a high mark than to reach a low one. - H. C. Payne

8 comments:

Shawn Escott said...

VERY NICE! I happen to like your colors! Your ship sketches are fantastic as well. I like your previous Halloween posts too. Awesome coloring.

So, are you ready for round two? Actually it would be round 3 for you since you went a whole 2 and a half months already! I'm going to give it a shot this month. I'm just about wrapping up that shark painting I started a while ago but got put on hold. Will be posting it in a few days once the oil drys.

Jörn said...

Haha, the lady looks soo sick! Cool coloring. These machines look great too.

Tyson Murphy said...

<3 the halftone on that milf.

and the ships mmmm the ships.

Trent Correy said...

For outside your comfort zone those are pretty damn good buddy! Beautiful pen drawings too, tons of energy, I espiecally like the foreshortened hand...I gotta do more of that!
Can't wait to see some animation!

Aaron Ludwig said...

Great stuff Mel. Thanks for the quotes too. Inspiring stuff.

Anonymous said...

excellent Mel
the gestures are fun to see

flashfox said...

I dig your style, there's a lot of action in it, movement. Great stuff.

ps sry I messed up and posted on your other blog under my clients name LOL, i was updating her blog when I ran across yours. :D

damon said...

very cool