Monday, January 04, 2010

Sooooooo....

I was having a discussion with Monday today ( Spelled "Muhndee" ). He said he would ease up on me this year if I spent more time fleshing out his world and improving his rep.
He enjoyed the posts that he was featured in , but thought I could shed more light on why people misunderstand him ( including myself .) In return, he would help me learn to be more creative and not harrass me long enough that I can do it properly.
So there you have it. My new direction ( and personal project ) for the year. Basically Ive lost my mind and am having conversations with Monday... ( *ahem *I mean Muhndee ) and sharing them with you. Whats it gonna hurt? Will be nice just to not dread him for the next year. Who knows we could even be friends...
So playin around with him a bit with designs. His hair is rockin , but will keep workin on him. And theres one thing we havin in common: loungin around in the undies so we're off on the good foot! Let see how far in to this guys world I get to before I turn into a complete whack job!
Happy New Year All!! I know i know ... you thought it would be cooler...

16 comments:

FunkFan said...

¡hola! Mel,

Muhndee's agreed to this, but what about Mad Marty Monday. Does he agree as well?? You see you have many monday foes. In my opinion you need to appease all of them. (I'm really saying...."Pleeeeease bring Mad Marty back").

adiós

Andy Latham said...

haha I wish my Mondays were that funky! I think my design would be a dull man in a boring brown suit who sucks all the fun from the room lol

Great design :D

aintshakespeare said...

I love him! Great character. That tats are cool and the hair is awesome.

I can't wait to find out more about Muhndee.

Be Creative Books said...

Hey Mel, as always, is a pleasure to stop by and enjoy the many wonderful pieces and characters!! like this, Muhndee, haha, looks like so fun! Happy New Year for you and yours my friend!

Cheers!

EE.

..nothing new on my blog, post soon!

Pablo said...

Happy New Year Mel. Man I am so looking forward to this. 2010 should be a blast seeing what you come up with.

tinylittlesandra said...

I love Muhndee... I love him even more as a character.. glad you two are gonna kiss and make up :)

Welcome to 2010 my friend! Its gonna be great! If you still rocking around the AM campus search me out.

Simon Scales said...

Hey Mel - hope you had an awesome break - this character is great - love the proportions

mattanimation said...

I wish I could be as happy on mondays in my undeees ;)

Justin Rodrigues said...

Haha. Great stuff. Great character that's totally what Monday would look like if it were alive. I love it and happy new year.

Wayne B. Medina said...

LOL fantastic post man. very enjoyable to read that. love the drawings too! happy new year my friend

Vanhoozerbot said...

You are rockin the free world as usual Mel. Fantastic character. Happy New Year man.

"TORI CAT" said...

Hi Mel,

Sorry i havent been in touch sooner!!
Happy New Year to you!!
Congratulations on making your 300 posts!!
WOW.... you really are a massive inspiration!!
Really good going on keeping to your blogging promise!! :)

Hope all is going well and you had a happy Christmas!!
All the best.xx

Oscar Rosales said...

Cool character! Happy New Year buddy!

Seafoodpunch said...

hehe. I LOVE this guy.

xenos said...

happy new years to you mel! glad to see this guy fleshed out, do i smell a children's book in the future? anyhow, would love to take swipe at him when i get the free time, hope you don't mind. cheers!

the clownninja said...

awesome character. tons of awesome characters since i been here last.