Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So I took the plunge...


In the beginning of November I took the plunge and purchased a smart phone. ( I had a simple walmart one for a couple years after losing an expensive smart phone...) I ended up gettin a Samsung Note 2. Figured Id go big or go home. Besides I could doodle on it . ( From  the wife who works nights, to the daughter who I must entertain when I get home from work, the situation leaves me little left  to get in some cintiq time :(  )

Now I fought this for some time as I knew it would be opening pandoras box.....boy did I under estimate. I can see why so many people spend so much time on em now. Although Im not using it for all the social stuffs it could do. Facebook and messaging etc .. ( Yes Im a sad soul who has yet to have a social presence..) But from a creative hobbyist perspective SLIIIIIIIIIICK. 

Im still learning the ropes with it as I get in trouble for buryin my face into in too often.. I figured once in a while  when Im super giddy about what it can do I will post some nifty goodness about it. 

So, first thing I loved about it was ( obviously the pen tool which is pressure sensitive. )  That was simple. Didnt think I would use the S Note feature so much but find myself using it all the time. I thought because it was so small that I wouldnt use it unless I was desperate to draw.. This was also my first foray into android, so I didn't know what to expect. I hated to love my ipad but felt like there were things it should do for the creative on the go. Seeing as that the ipad is now my wife and daughters now, the Note 2 has been a godsend for me. 

The screen is huge and beautiful. I love that movies ( netflix and hulu ) fill it up completely and I love that I can make screen grabs and make little notes to myself as to what I like about a particular scene in a movie . This in itself was a feature that I love to use as building a library of reference is now with me at all times.

I wont ramble on too much about it, but a nifty tool that has made gathering and gettin inspired even more at my finger tips. Ive got more I want to post but time she is limited...If youve got one Id be more than happy to hear tips and tricks on how it helps you in your creative endeavors. 


I plan on posting more on the subject but for now , here's some doodles 
keep on keepin on

6 comments:

Cedricstudio said...

Amazing work as always. For a minute I thought you were going to say you drew these on your phone. Actually, that would be cool - would love to see a sample of a mobile phone sketch one of these days.

Unknown said...

Heya Cedric! long time! Yeah I planned on my next post having drawings from it definately. It actually handles very nicely ( and figured Id go more indepth on that aspect of it then )

Thanks for the kind words sir. Means a ton

aintshakespeare said...

Love the lips. So cool.

Tooninator said...

thems are succulent lips. Dayum!

Wayne B. Medina said...

Oh cool man, my sister just got that phone and she loves it! The screen is beautiful and its just damn smooth! I'm up for and upgrade and I was thinking about getting one but its just to much for me.....damn! Lucky!!!!!

Anywhoo, LOVE the drawings man, specially the girl

Smile it up homie!!!

Jason Newkirk said...

just got to play with a Note2...That's a sweet phone man! I love that it's pressure sensitive too! So awesome. Clipping tool etc...pretty dang sweet. Dig how big it is too. That screen is awesome. Too bad I just upgraded to 4s...haha

always good to see you post bro!