Friday, March 01, 2013

Double post Friday???

 
 

A goal that I have had for the longest time was to draw well enough to animate in 2d, and to be honest as much as I draw, its still over whelming to think about. It seems to hold this magic over me that makes me feel like its an impossiblity. Especially now as I dont animate for a living, and becoming a dad has taken the alot of my time and emotions tryin to balance out being a creative and family man. ( Age seems to be takin its toll on me as well...)

Im tellin  you this because I think Ive been keepin myself back for too long by puttin too much pressure on myself and letting all the fear and worry keep me from actually DOIN anything. Using lame excuses to hide my true potential from me. Im tellin you this because I need to wake up and take my steps. Embrace the fear and uncertainty and get back to the real reason I draw and create. For the shear love of it. For the happiness that it fills me with. The ability it gives me to shed light on the areas of my mind that are dark and painful. To grow to be the person I know I am...

It IS WHO I am.

I tell you this because I need to put it out there and believe that I not only can but WILL do this. 

I tell you this because you understand what Im saying....I do this because doin is the fastest way to get there.

So studying some action sequences from this short: kung fu cooking girls  ( this is how Id like to  I will animate one day.)

and drawing of my hands. Have a great weekend!

Keep on keepin on


12 comments:

Andy Latham said...

You easily have the drawing skills to animate Mel! It surprises me to hear that you have doubted that. I'm glad you're giving yourself a good talking-to though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce!

:)

Unknown said...

Aw maaaaan! I hear you. I hear you SO well!
Keep it up! I beg of you.

And MAN I love your blue pencil sketches. Such movement and dynamism. Makes me want to be a better artist.

Wicked hands too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clay Kaytis said...

Well, now you've said it so I will expect to see some animation soon. It doesn't even have to be good, just one step toward your goal. By the way, I've followed your blog for a while and even have some of your drawings come up on my screensaver. Thanks for the inspiration!

Norman Hundert said...

Hey Mel! Thx for your very helpful answer you gave me in your last Post.
..and Listen to your Heart on what you doing. You are a awesome Illustrator, Creative man and Animator as well. But Do it!
Thats why i Follow your Blog! :-)))

Anonymous said...

Great studies Mel! They are beautiful and pretty expressive.

Mr.Mucho said...

Every artist knows that struggle.
Its been years since I´ve animated and know I too make excuses ( like what program to use and so on )

I will begin as well.

And great work bye the way

Jason Newkirk said...

incredible dynamism in your drawings bro. So so good. You know you can do it, quit psyching yourself out! haha :) I only say that for selfish reasons. So we can see what you really can do!!!! haha You inspire me Melman!

aintshakespeare said...

I'm in a similar place... except that I don't draw as well as you by a mile.

I've been "meaning" to animate my character for months. But I keep finding excuses not to.

So you've inspired me. I'll get to work on my animation too.

Adrian Lubbers said...

As an classical animator from way back, I only wish I could draw with your expression and dynamic posing. HAVE AT HER MEL!! You'll only amaze yourself and see what everyone else sees in you!!

Escott Art said...

Mel, you're an inspiration. I can totally relate to what you're saying. What I love about your drawings is the movement, energy and excitement. If I could get a little bit of that in my drawings I'd be a happy man. I say go for it. Do what you love and make animation. I know you'll do great things!

Manoj Singh said...

I like this web blog very much so much excellent info.

Load Junction, load matching Services, Find Truck Loads, Find Freight and Trucks