Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Freakin DHL...

Im dyin. Took the day off to get my laptop back from dell. The waiting game. Of course, if I hadnt taken the day off they would be here first thing in the morn and they would peel out and make me wait even longer.They may have come while I was clackin away at my keyboard. I should go check...bastards. ( no offense to anyone workin at DHL reading this..just hate the waiting)

So any ways... I have no music, no nuthing so I can hear the door. I know silly. But its my laptop.Wanna fight?

Did some art while waiting ( cant even watch my school assignment for fear I will miss my laptop ) So I did some pose study from an old WB cartoon. (3 bears and bugs for those who dont recognize ) some hand poses and a monster head. Fun. I should be focusing on other things...like animation. Im so on it when my laptop gets here.

What? Its a really nice laptop...

Edit: I thought UPS sucked..will never give any of my business to DHL..ever. But the laptop is here and I feel better now. Heres a celebratory seamonster and a pic of my long awaited for machine











14 comments:

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Yeah baby I'm first to bust this love the work bro your taking it to the next level love that and thanks for all the support always glad to hear from u bro hope all has been well take care!!!

drono said...

that's some nice sketches. your stuff is always so great. did you buy a new laptop? i couldn't live without mine. well, i couldn't live happily i guess...

Jason said...

Sup? I am DIGGIN' those hands. Way expressive. Ahhh, I remember them bears. Always good for a chuckle. Good work and hope all is well with you.

Unknown said...

thanks guys! Much appreciated.
wintermonkey--No not a new one. Got it last year when I started skool. Will post pics cause I missed it so much. Heeheh

Kipp Schell said...

very nice mel! love those bears, hope your laptop came....

Unknown said...

Hello man! That´s so great drawings. I remember those bears... they´re from Woodpeckers´ series. Wasn´t they?
I love the last monster face... the eyes looks like that cartoon slot moviment. Congratulations.

Martin Wittig said...

Mel--Sorry about the laptop..I know how much i depend on my computer these days, so i feel your pain... But these posts are GREAT! I love that first one, and the poses of the bears are awesome too....man,you can do it all..Awesome work.

milo said...

Still makin me sick!! Great stuff dude! Sweet puter! Post more when you get a chance...I'm always waiting for posts!:O)

Clive said...

Laptops...I'm still shovelling coal into an ancient desktop. Lovely new work down below Mel.

Hans said...

Hey Mel,

Great stuff! I'm impressed by your variation of styles. Most people only excell in one genre. Like being really good at drawing creatures, but suck at doing toony, but you seem to manage it all and very well too:)
So glad you got your laptop back:D it IS really nice!

Take care,

Hans

Lee said...

warner bros cartoons are awsome, I really like the dover boys,

Unknown said...

WOW!! Another amazing set of illustrations!! Your workstation ROCKS!

Cutu said...

Yo man! I really dig the sea monster thing. Gosh I can't belive you have an excuse for not working and you go and work some more. Guesthats what one needs to get as good.

Ken said...

Wow, love your drawings